Welp, this is a huge bummer, but a decision had to be made. And after talking with a Nationals rep, the team has agreed to let us postpone our outing until September 22nd, regardless of what happens on Saturday.
The Nationals have been working with us all week on this, and have been fantastic and accommodating. And seeing as though the weather report is only getting worse, I think the responsible thing to do is to postpone the outing.
Both the enjoyment and safety of our fans has to come before our desire to see a game. Even if the Mets and Nats somehow play as scheduled, the weather will still be horrendous, and the commute there would not only be a mess, but dangerous. The cons far outweigh the pros.
How will it work?
If you purchased a ticket, we'll mail you a replacement for September 22nd once we receive them from the Nationals. The one you have now is void, even if they end up playing this Saturday.
If you can't make the game on September 22nd, we'll ask you to return the t-shirt/patch to us, and we'll issue you a refund. Deadline for refunds is a very firm Friday, April 20th.
What about the Rally Buses?
Rally Bus also agreed to move the trip to September 22nd. If you can't make it, they'll issue you a refund. Rally Bus will contact all bus riders today.
On the plus side, maybe we'll end up seeing the Mets clinch the NL East on September 22nd. It could happen.
Thank you all in advance for your understanding. And thanks for nothing, Mother Nature.