The Mets lost to the Nationals on Tuesday night 25-4. Yup, 25-4. TWENTY-FIVE TO FOUR.
Serenity now! Serenity now! Serenity now!
In a season full of embarrassment, this game takes the cake. At some point, you go from crying to a joint laugh/cry. It was the type of night where it got SO bad that you couldn’t help but stick around to see what was going to happen next.
Watching the Mets lose 25-4 has me like... pic.twitter.com/js98RWABLB— Tim Reilly (@LifeOfaReilly) August 1, 2018
1) I wish Terry was still managing to put someone’s ass in the jackpot
2) I wonder what Keith’s cat is up to…
3) Gary, Keith and Ron HAVE to be drinking off camera, right?!?
4) Who would’ve thought Jose Reyes’ tenure with the Mets would FINALLY end due to Tommy John surgery?
July 31, 2015: Wilmer Flores walk-off Homerun against the Nationals on the @Mets way to the World Series was to #TearsofJoy. July 31, 2018: Jose Reyes pitching in a 25-4 loss to the Nationals is just #Tears. #MetsTwitter pic.twitter.com/WSKxqM94i3— Joe Quinn (@JoeQuinnRWB) August 1, 2018
5) Who even started this game?
6) I miss the Expos
7) Imagine this was the game The 7 Line Army got as its makeup date?!?
8) Matt Harvey would’ve ordered bottle service to the dugout to sit through this one
9) Do I miss Hansel Robles right now?
10) Why the hell is SNY interviewing a Nationals beat reporter?
11) Is David Wright rehabbing in hopes to play with THIS team?
12) Daniel Murphy sure would look nice playing first, second or third base for the Mets right about now…
13) Forget about waterboarding, watching this game should classify as cruel and unusual punishment
14) Noah Syndergaard might suddenly come down with a case of the chicken pox to stay away from this team a little bit longer
15) No, I don’t miss Hansel Robles
16) Mickey Callaway should sacrifice himself and throw a few innings
17) 2015 feels like an eternity ago
18) They should make a documentary on Mets fans that sat through this whole game
19) Are Minaya, Ricco and Ricciardi going to play Rock, Paper, Scissor to decide who talks to the media after this one?
MLB front offices trying to talk to the Mets 3-headed GM at the trade deadline... pic.twitter.com/aqwYjfa1Kc— Tim Reilly (@LifeOfaReilly) July 31, 2018
20) This would be a good time to announce a Tom Seaver statue
21) Is this the game Keith walks out of the booth?
22) Following baseball before the invention of TV sounds great right about now
23) Maybe God really does hate the Mets
24) Even Mr. Met lost his smile during this game
25) It’s a good thing we didn’t tear this team apart at the trade deadline…