PITCH: Talks on Baseball
We're excited about this upcoming event at BB Kings in January. Our friend Matt Cerrone (MetsBlog) is on the bill along with a handful of respected baseball insiders. See ya there!
Via the Pitch site:
PITCH: Talks On Baseball, a new speaker series about baseball, is swinging into New York City on January 14, 2015 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill. Launched in Toronto in 2014, PITCH: Talks On Baseball is now set to debut in the U.S. next year with its first stop here in Times Square.
PITCH connects diehard baseball fans with sports insiders by hosting informed and entertaining discussions on all aspects of the game. Pete Abraham, Red Sox beat writer for the Boston Globe, and formerly the Mets and Yankees beat writer for The Journal News, will be acting as moderator for the NY event which will engage:
Buster Olney, ESPN
- Robert “Buster” Olney is a Pulitzer Prize-nominated senior writer at ESPN The Magazine, reporter for ESPN’s exclusive Sunday Night Baseball telecast and an analyst for Baseball Tonight. He joined ESPN in June 2003 to cover baseball for all ESPN entities, including ESPN Radio, ESPNEWS, and SportsCenter. He writes a daily column for ESPN.com and also hosts a popular Baseball Tonight podcast, as well as authored the New York Times’ bestseller The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty: The Game, the Team, and the Cost of Greatness. @Buster_ESPN
Adam Rubin, ESPN
– Covering the Mets since 2003, Rubin joined ESPNNewyork after spending 10 years at the New York Daily News. @AdamRubinESPN
Matthew Cerrone, MetsBlog
– Cerrone is the lead writer and creator of MetsBlog.com which reaches more than 3.5 million page views per month. @MatthewCerrone
Sweeny Murti, WFAN
– Murti primarily covers the Yankees for WFAN, SportsNet New York, and the New York Yankees Radio Network. @YankeesWFAN
Joel Sherman, New York Post
– Sherman joined the New York Post in February 1989 where he served as the beat writer for the Yankees from 1989 to 1995 prior to his current position as the baseball columnist. @JoelSherman1
Tyler Kepner, New York Times
– National baseball correspondent for the New York Times, Kepner previously covered the New York Yankees and the New York Mets. @TylerKepner
Jay Jaffe, Sports Illustrated
– Jaffe writes the Strike Zone blog on SI.com and is the founder of he 12-year-old Futility Infielder website, one of the oldest baseball blogs. @jay_jaffe
"It's always baseball season in New York and Pitch Talks will add fuel to the hot stove...Come hear from the experts." - Pete Abraham
PITCH: Talks On Baseball attendees can expect a night of storytelling, presentations, debate, panels and lectures by some of the biggest experts in baseball which in the past have included: Dan Shulman (ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball), Jonah Keri (Grantland), Shi Davidi (Sportsnet), Morgan Cambell (Toronto Star), Stacy May Fowles (The Walrus, Deadspin, National Post), and Bob Elliot (Baseball Hall of Fame), among many others. AEG Live and The Agency Group are joining with PITCH producer Kevin Kennedy to continue these talks in NY and cities around the country.
"There is no fan base more engaged in the baseball discussion than New Yorkers,” says Kennedy, also the Founder of Swingman Entertainment Group
, a full-service event production company.
“The core element of PITCH Talks is that you can get an uncensored and interactive experience - not just with the speakers, but also with the person beside you too. It’s that community that draws us together."
B.B. King Blues Club & Grill will have presale tickets available for PITCH: Talks On Baseball on Thursday, November 20 at 12PM ET viaTicketmaster.com
(Password: hotstove) and at the venue box office located at 237 West 43 Street (212-997-4144). Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, November 21 at 12PM ET. Reserved VIP tickets will also be available. For more information on PITCH: Talks On Baseball follow @pitchtalks
#PitchTalksNYC on Twitter.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.