The Mets season started off on the highest of high notes and took a nose dive really quick from there. It was an emotional rollercoaster for all that were loyal until the last pitch. Let’s take a look back at what went through fans minds every step of the way…
- Did you see Mickey Callaway’s appeared on ‘Orange and Blue Thing?' This guy is legit! - Now that Jay Bruce signed, what are the Mets going do with this logjam in the outfield?!? I guess depth is a good problem. - Resigning Reyes? - It can't hurt to have Reyes on the roster to mentor Rosario - I can’t wait to finally see Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler and Matz in the same rotation - It’s going to be a two-team race with the Nationals this season - This is the year for the Mets
- I’m fine with signing Frazier as long as he’s fine with moving to first base when Wright returns - Does Callaway go with a six-man rotation now that we’ve signed Jason Vargas? - Maybe Wheeler should convert into a reliever - Callaway and Eiland say this the best collection of arms they’ve ever seen and now I’m ready to start planning the ticker tape parade - Harvey's velocity is back! Maybe we should offer him an extension before his price skyrockets in free agency. - With T.J. Rivera going down, I guess that means Reyes will start once a week. That's a good role for him.
- Ramos, Blevins, Swarzak and Familia have us LOADED in the pen this year - I’m not sold on Brandon Nimmo - Maybe I should buy season tickets to make sure I get locked in for the postseason - Wheeler looks like the odd man out of the rotation - Maybe Wright is better off returning at first base to keep Frazier at third - The Callaway culture change is REAL - Opening Day, put it in the books! - Cespedes drives in 3 in Game 1, he’s going to be an MVP candidate - Swarzak is down but it doesn't sound like he'll miss much time
- Solid first start for Harvey. He’ll build off that! - 9 wins in a row?!? - We'll be doing this "salt and pepper" celebration through October!
- Maybe ‘The Dark Knight’ isn’t back after all… - We might clinch the division by the All-Star break - OK, Harvey will find himself in the bullpen after a few good appearances - There’s no one I’d rather see up at the plate than Asdrubal Cabrera - The bullpen looks phenomenal…with the exception of Harvey. - This team has World Series potential - I think I’m #done with Matt Harvey - Jason Vargas sucks - Jacob deGrom is everything I thought Harvey would become
Matt Harvey is so bad that he lost his spot in the rotation to Jason Vargas
- Are Lugo and Gsellman going to appear in every game this season? - Reyes is playing A LOT more than I expected - Nimmo is the happiest man in baseball - Is Swarzak still alive? - It’s time to move on from Harvey - Nimmo is my new favorite player - Down goes Yo…fuck - Send Harvey ANYWHERE but the Yankees - Nimmo is a core piece of this team for years to come - Maybe this isn't the best bullpen in baseball... - Did…did the Mets just bat out of order?!? - Why are Joey Bats and Adrian Gonzalez on this team?! - UPDATE: Vargas still sucks - This could be deGrom's Cy Young season - Thank god we got off to such a strong start
- SCORE SOME DAMN RUNS FOR DEGROM - Is Yo ever coming back? - Dom Smith must be a bust if he can't beat out Adrian Gonzalez - The only person smiling in Citi Field is Nimmo - At least the Nats are off to a so-so start too. The Phillies and Braves will fall back - I wonder what it feels like to root for a team that isn’t cursed… - This might be the worst team in baseball - Send the Beer Guy and don’t ever let him leave my side - The only thing worse than the Mets is this ‘Prospects’ dating show - UPDATE: Vargas does indeed still suck - This Peter Alonso kid sounds promising - 5 wins in the whole month????? - STOP STARTING REYES!
- Yo is back! - Don’t you dare trade deGrom - Down goes Yo…again - Remember those first 2 weeks of the season? - At least we won’t be seeing the Nationals in the playoffs either - Did we really bring Yo back KNOWING he likely needed surgery?!? - deGrom now has me realizing how pointless a win-loss record is - I’m going to miss The Assman - Austin Jackson? So much for that outfield depth... - See ya in 2020, maybe, Yo - I can't believe I ever suggested Wheeler go to the pen - I got an idea, let’s call up Alonso - UPDATE: Vargas managed to suck in his lone start this month - While at an Italian restaurant: "GET YOUR PEPPER GRINDER OUT OF HERE" - *Googles Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease*
Syndergaard on the DL with "hand, foot and mouth disease." Contracted it the Mets believe working a youth camp.
- I wish I was as good as deGrom is at throwing a baseball at anything in life - I’d rather live through the dog days of summer without AC than watch Jose Reyes - The season is over, let’s see what Alonso’s got - I’m starting to see some potential in Rosario… - Why are they slow-playing Wright's rehab process in a lost season??? - Where has this version of Wheeler been my whole life? - I can’t believe the NL East is coming down to the Braves and Phillies - Remind me why we didn’t call-up McNeil sooner??? - UPDATE: Vargas should’ve put “sucks” on his jersey as his nickname for Players’ Weekend - Remember when Yankee fans said Severino was better than deGrom? LOL - I don’t think I could get through these seasons without Gary, Keith and Ron
- A Wright comeback might actually be real… - I can’t believe Alonso didn’t get a September call-up - Why are they slow-playing Wright's rehab process??? - I can't believe the Wright-Reyes era teams from the late '00 teams didn't win a championship - If only we could get a re-do on June - Wright says he wants to play, let the man play! - deGrom is the best pitcher on the planet - Thinking about getting a McNeil jersey for next season - Oh my god, I did NOT think this was going to be a retirement press conference… - The dream of 5 aces is dead, but I’ll settle for 3 aces and Matz - Ya know, this team has really turned the corner for Callaway down the stretch... - UPDATE: I do NOT want to see Vargas next season - Michael Conforto has the potential to fill Wright’s shoes - I can’t believe it’s really over for the Captain - What a way for deGrom to put a bow on this season! - So long to you too, Jose. - If deGrom doesn’t win the Cy Young, we riot - Thank you, David!
Pete Alonso is now the proud father of his own ballpark burger. The Alonso Arctic Grill will open this Friday night, May 7th, and is located behind section 102 in right field, just steps from the Shea Bridge.