The Mets season started off on the highest of high notes and took a nose dive really quick from there. It was an emotional rollercoaster for all that were loyal until the last pitch. Let’s take a look back at what went through fans minds every step of the way…
- Did you see Mickey Callaway’s appeared on ‘Orange and Blue Thing?' This guy is legit! - Now that Jay Bruce signed, what are the Mets going do with this logjam in the outfield?!? I guess depth is a good problem. - Resigning Reyes? - It can't hurt to have Reyes on the roster to mentor Rosario - I can’t wait to finally see Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler and Matz in the same rotation - It’s going to be a two-team race with the Nationals this season - This is the year for the Mets
- I’m fine with signing Frazier as long as he’s fine with moving to first base when Wright returns - Does Callaway go with a six-man rotation now that we’ve signed Jason Vargas? - Maybe Wheeler should convert into a reliever - Callaway and Eiland say this the best collection of arms they’ve ever seen and now I’m ready to start planning the ticker tape parade - Harvey's velocity is back! Maybe we should offer him an extension before his price skyrockets in free agency. - With T.J. Rivera going down, I guess that means Reyes will start once a week. That's a good role for him.
- Ramos, Blevins, Swarzak and Familia have us LOADED in the pen this year - I’m not sold on Brandon Nimmo - Maybe I should buy season tickets to make sure I get locked in for the postseason - Wheeler looks like the odd man out of the rotation - Maybe Wright is better off returning at first base to keep Frazier at third - The Callaway culture change is REAL - Opening Day, put it in the books! - Cespedes drives in 3 in Game 1, he’s going to be an MVP candidate - Swarzak is down but it doesn't sound like he'll miss much time
- Solid first start for Harvey. He’ll build off that! - 9 wins in a row?!? - We'll be doing this "salt and pepper" celebration through October!
- Maybe ‘The Dark Knight’ isn’t back after all… - We might clinch the division by the All-Star break - OK, Harvey will find himself in the bullpen after a few good appearances - There’s no one I’d rather see up at the plate than Asdrubal Cabrera - The bullpen looks phenomenal…with the exception of Harvey. - This team has World Series potential - I think I’m #done with Matt Harvey - Jason Vargas sucks - Jacob deGrom is everything I thought Harvey would become
Matt Harvey is so bad that he lost his spot in the rotation to Jason Vargas
- Are Lugo and Gsellman going to appear in every game this season? - Reyes is playing A LOT more than I expected - Nimmo is the happiest man in baseball - Is Swarzak still alive? - It’s time to move on from Harvey - Nimmo is my new favorite player - Down goes Yo…fuck - Send Harvey ANYWHERE but the Yankees - Nimmo is a core piece of this team for years to come - Maybe this isn't the best bullpen in baseball... - Did…did the Mets just bat out of order?!? - Why are Joey Bats and Adrian Gonzalez on this team?! - UPDATE: Vargas still sucks - This could be deGrom's Cy Young season - Thank god we got off to such a strong start
- SCORE SOME DAMN RUNS FOR DEGROM - Is Yo ever coming back? - Dom Smith must be a bust if he can't beat out Adrian Gonzalez - The only person smiling in Citi Field is Nimmo - At least the Nats are off to a so-so start too. The Phillies and Braves will fall back - I wonder what it feels like to root for a team that isn’t cursed… - This might be the worst team in baseball - Send the Beer Guy and don’t ever let him leave my side - The only thing worse than the Mets is this ‘Prospects’ dating show - UPDATE: Vargas does indeed still suck - This Peter Alonso kid sounds promising - 5 wins in the whole month????? - STOP STARTING REYES!
- Yo is back! - Don’t you dare trade deGrom - Down goes Yo…again - Remember those first 2 weeks of the season? - At least we won’t be seeing the Nationals in the playoffs either - Did we really bring Yo back KNOWING he likely needed surgery?!? - deGrom now has me realizing how pointless a win-loss record is - I’m going to miss The Assman - Austin Jackson? So much for that outfield depth... - See ya in 2020, maybe, Yo - I can't believe I ever suggested Wheeler go to the pen - I got an idea, let’s call up Alonso - UPDATE: Vargas managed to suck in his lone start this month - While at an Italian restaurant: "GET YOUR PEPPER GRINDER OUT OF HERE" - *Googles Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease*
Syndergaard on the DL with "hand, foot and mouth disease." Contracted it the Mets believe working a youth camp.
- I wish I was as good as deGrom is at throwing a baseball at anything in life - I’d rather live through the dog days of summer without AC than watch Jose Reyes - The season is over, let’s see what Alonso’s got - I’m starting to see some potential in Rosario… - Why are they slow-playing Wright's rehab process in a lost season??? - Where has this version of Wheeler been my whole life? - I can’t believe the NL East is coming down to the Braves and Phillies - Remind me why we didn’t call-up McNeil sooner??? - UPDATE: Vargas should’ve put “sucks” on his jersey as his nickname for Players’ Weekend - Remember when Yankee fans said Severino was better than deGrom? LOL - I don’t think I could get through these seasons without Gary, Keith and Ron
- A Wright comeback might actually be real… - I can’t believe Alonso didn’t get a September call-up - Why are they slow-playing Wright's rehab process??? - I can't believe the Wright-Reyes era teams from the late '00 teams didn't win a championship - If only we could get a re-do on June - Wright says he wants to play, let the man play! - deGrom is the best pitcher on the planet - Thinking about getting a McNeil jersey for next season - Oh my god, I did NOT think this was going to be a retirement press conference… - The dream of 5 aces is dead, but I’ll settle for 3 aces and Matz - Ya know, this team has really turned the corner for Callaway down the stretch... - UPDATE: I do NOT want to see Vargas next season - Michael Conforto has the potential to fill Wright’s shoes - I can’t believe it’s really over for the Captain - What a way for deGrom to put a bow on this season! - So long to you too, Jose. - If deGrom doesn’t win the Cy Young, we riot - Thank you, David!
Pre-order your Tailgate Empanadas! Freddy P is a Mets fan with a local business that we'd love to shine a spotlight on. What started as a simple chicken empanada tray for a holiday dinner turned in to a hustle around the 5 boroughs.
Tailgate with us on Saturday September 16th at Citi Field! Kick the night off with us in the Marina Lot! The Mets take on the Reds at 7:10pm so we expect fans to start showing up around 3pm. If you can't swing that early, just get there when ya get there.